CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 13, 2006

"The Stiffy-Mobile"

I have a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 four door. It is my dream to one day hotrod this baby and make her PURRRR like she used to. As for now, she patiently waits for me to have enough cash and time to pull her out of my grandparent's barn. she's sad, i see it in her headlights when i go visit. and well in this picture, her tail lights too.

this is not my first '64. My first was a goldflecked silver. It had Swing Away Steering Wheel, Power Front Seat, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Padded Dash and Visors, Backup Lights, Deluxe Wheel Covers, Spotlight Mirrors and Select Aire Conditioner. That's right, a chrome covered air conditioner in 1964. A power front seat--well the bench seat could move back and forth when the motor worked. It had the original AM radio in it. And the engine?!?! A 390 V-8 engine at 300 horsepower!! (insert Tim Taylor man grunt Oha ahu uggh ughh!)


It was a Diamond in the rough. I got it for my 17th birthday from my parents, and it had been the family car since i was 7. Stupid stupid me sold it for $100 bucks after i hit a deer with it. The only thing wrong with it was a busted motor mount! I could fix that simply in a few hours now. Doh Doh Doh!!! but that was then. It was shortly thereafter i realized what a gem i had and kicked myself. I promised myself that one day i would own another one.

I own another one, since 1998 for the hefty price of $300.00. But my new baby doesn't have swing away (you put the car into park, and then the steering wheel could be pushed towards the center of the car to lock it into park). it doesn't have power seat, or air conditioning, or power steering or power brakes and i am not even sure what is under the hood, other than a lot of work, although mu suspicions are that is may have a 390 (I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one) It doesn't even have A radio in it, after market or otherwise.

But when i took it out for the first test drive, and heard the rumble of the engine (and bad exhaust) I was in love! I was sexually "energized"! I brought it back to the seller and she asked what i thought, and before i could censor myself, "It gave me a STIFFY!" fell out of my mouth. "Humm, Lizz? Is there something that you aren't telling me about?" was her reply. I said that i wanted the car and yes, indeed, i am female. She became my friend, i became "Stiffy", and my '64 dubbed "the Stiffy-mobile"

0 comments: