CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 19, 2006

Name Game

On to "wordy part deux"....

I like names. Not calling people names, although i was a rotten little kid and would call kids names to tease them. Particularly derrogatory rhyming names such as cryin' Brian (eh, i was a kid when Garbage Pail kids were cool and fun to trade)
My parents gave me a mundane name with a twist. In most part of the US, it is pronounced very much like it's sister spelling, but in Scandinavia, it is pronounced differently. The "air" becomes "are" for those of you who know my real name. My middle name--I guess my parents were bored, because they made one up. And in turn, I blessed my daughter with a made up middle name too. Perhaps she'll carry on the tradition. So, perhaps, since I was given these names, inspired my love for names.
*****Disclaimer*****these are my interpretations and are NOT ment to hurt anyone's feelings******

Here goes with the beautiful, mundane and the bad:

Beautiful
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twyla--twilight, beautiful pastels and clear almost cloudless sky
Celeste--celestal bodies, and the beauty of a starry night sky
Tatiana--A beautiful Russian lady in white faux furcoat
Isabella--A beautiful Italian lady
Victoria--a furtive lady that likes lace, satin, and silk
Alexander--a regal man, with Superman good looks
Crystal--rainbows being cast on a warm plush carpet as a prism of beautifully cut glass is gently swung infront of a brightly sunlit window
William--Shakespeare, and the lovely English town of Stratford-upon-Avon Yes, I HAVE been there :)





















Mundane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael--it is the most common name in the English speaking countries, everyone knows and likes or dislikes at least one Mike.
Megan--reminds me of the spice nutmeg
Dennis--Tennis
Mabel--Maple syrup
Jane--poor plain mundane Jane

Bad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ashley--Ashes from the fireplace, or burning cigarette
Christopher--Chris's gopher?!?
John--the men's loo
Dick--uummmm, yeah, I think you know what i am thinking with this one
Cassie-- sea bass-y


Basically, Any name I can come up with a rhyme, phrase or decription of the name. Some are good, some are bad, and some, I am sorry, i come up with are ugly....

until next time folks, Adieu!

0 comments: