CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

Wow! It feels like Fall today! Cold, grey, rainy--Oh wait! that was thee ENTIRE British summer this year, minus one week in July, and then the 3 last official days of summer. It was one extended Spring into Fall--makes it ?Sprall? ?Fring? Sprumn? Autuing? Well whatever one calls it, for the most part it was cold grey and rainy.

So, although never a huge fan of Autumn, as in my mind Autumn is quickly followed by that fiend-winter, I do like the cooler days after hot and humid Midwest summers. I love the smell of harvest time on my grandparents Iowa farm and the crinkley sound of dried corn leaves and the smell of coffee and ham sandwiches on buns for the adults helping harvest the crops. I love the multi-colored leaf piles, and carving pumpkins, and thinking out what I want to be and helping my kids decide and dress up for Halloween (my ALL TIME FAH-VORITE holiday). This year, I am hoping with all. that. I. am. that M and I are able to return to the States to be a part of these wonderful smells, and sensations. I want ALL of us, M, Z, L, A and I to dress up as a family and go out trick-or-treating. For now, we wait.....

While we are waiting, how about some Babylove :)






Mmmm I loves me some pudgey Baby piggies!

0 comments: