CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

85 years ago today, Grandma was born!

Happy Birthday Grandma! On the 85th anniversary of your birth, I wish you a fantastic day, and a happy blessed 86th year of life! It was great to talk to you today, and hearing your loving wonderful voice brought a bit of home here to my little spot in England. I love you and miss you.



Grandma is an amazing woman, loving, strong, protective, tidy, and honest. She has lived through the worst part of the Great Depression, moving with her family often-sometimes in the middle of the night. She married Grandpa and slept in the bathtub during their honeymoon as she thought that she'd get pregnant sleeping next to Grandpa. She and Grandpa worked hard as dairy and grain farmers to support their four children (and Grandpa's rather lazy elder brother and his wife and girls) She has worked hard, guarded carefully what and whom she holds dear, and is highly respected by her family, friends, church community, and community of her town. She doesn't beat around the bush and if she doesn't like something she'll let one know in no uncertain terms.

So I hope that I speak on behalf of George, Liz, Ruth, her husband and his 2 kids, Becky, Mike, Joey, Noah, Samuel, Paul, Toni, Denny, Sam, Lisa, Joseph, Teri, Riley, Larry, Emily, Scott, Diana, Hayden, Mark, Zachary, Lillian, Alexander, Andrew, Julie, Dan, Seneca, Jen, Tobin, and Quentin when I say Thank You Grandma and here's to many many more wonderful years!

1 comments:

hahamommy said...

Let's not forget she lives in the *most* beautiful home in the universe! Okay, I admit I'm a bit biased after seeing those counters at a *perfect* diana-height!
...addin' to the gratitude ♥