CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

In Addition to Yesterday's Post-Pictures from 1968!!!

Mom emailed some pictures to me and to the church that Mom and Dad were married in (the church is celebrating 120 years) and even though I have seen them a bajillion times through out the years, this time around some of them brought a tear to my eye.

Here is Mom with her Daddy. I love my Mom's beautiful smooth thick red hair, and doesn't Grandpa look rather dapper?

Although I don't know the two men on the ends, my aunt Toni (who introduced Mom to Dad) and Stan Bott, Dad's best friend and fellow race car enthusiast. We grew up with the Bott family, and for the longest time I thought that they were my cousins.
Mom's lovely dress was borrowed from Stan's wife, Mary. The pearly crown and veil were Mom's, and underneath the roses was a small white Bible. Many years later, after numerous times of my playing dress up with it and being in storage, the only part of the veil left was the pearly crown which I wore in my hair for my own wedding.
The ceremony took place on a friday evening and was a candle lit service...how cozy and utterly romantic!!!
Grandpa and Grandma, Mom and Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa

Beautiful and classy, yeah, my parents clean up well.
I love that my parents had chosen fall colors and fall flowers and that the decoration was just the flowers and candles. (I suspect it was more for budgetary reasons, but it goes to show that one can have a lovely classy wedding and reception meal on a shoestring) The reception was in the church basement.



Check out my Grandma and her "'do"--FABULOUS!!! She's beautiful.
...And Grandpa, very smart!
And then the "girls" attacked Dad's purple DeSoto with vaseline and other goop. They put vaseline on the windshield and in the door handles--not good. Dad had to drive in rain and sleet with one functioning windshieldwiper and vaseline smeared on the windshield...EEK! Good thing they made it to where they were going--otherwise I wouldn't be here to type this.
Perhaps it is testament to my Dad's driving skillz.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Great pictures!

My folks were married a year later, so I totally "recognize" the style :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Karin!! I can't believe how much you look like your mom. Especially the one with the candles in front of her and her face is down a little. Goodness!! At least we know where you get your beautifulness from! :)
I LOVE YOU