CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Ahhh SLEEP! sort of...

After nearly 11 months of waking to nurse Alex every 1-2 hours, these last 2 weeks he's been sleeping in 3-4 hour stretches, ahhhh, HOWEVER, last night and the night before he slept through the night! From 10pm to 6am and 10pm to 4am, 8 and 6 hours! (5 hour stretches are considered through the night)---Now if *I* could only retrain my sleep rhythms to his again and *I'll* be sleeping through the night--I still wake up every 2-3 hours to check on him and make sure that he's OK on his mat on the floor next to me (we have a too small mattress to fully family bed, so we put our mattress on the floor and Alex has a mat and blankets next to me)

He still morning nurses for 1-2 hours, where we cuddle-nurse in our bed, and we both doze for a bit, which helps me to eek out those precious minutes of sleep, but it is a light sleep and not one that I could handle overnight.

Sad news for me, I have a major dip in my supply, and am taking fenugreek like it is going out of style, I need to get back in the habit of morning oatmeal again. One great side effect of fenugreek that I forgot that I liked was that I smell like maple syrup.

He's not ready to quit breastfeeding and neither am I, so if oatmeal and fenugreek and nurse-a-thons don't work, I am thinking of trying the dom route, but that is last ditch I think.

So anyway sleep and boobies, there you go, great thoughts for the day!

0 comments: