http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1048622/Kate-Garraway-faces-outcry-provocative-photoshoot-shows-breastfeeding-calf.htmlKate Garraway faces outcry over provocative photoshoot which 'shows' her breastfeeding calf Crouched next to a calf which she pretends to breast-feed, Kate Garraway presents an unsettling image.
The GMTV presenter posed for the provocative picture to promote a documentary on women who breast-feed other people's babies.
'I'm on a journey to find people who believe milk has to be from the breast, people who buy it, sell it, people who give it away and people who even feed each other's babies,' said the 41-year-old.
'To many this might seem weird, but they challenge us that it's actually much weirder to give our babies cows' milk than it is to drink milk from another woman.'
For the programme, Miss Garraway met sisters who cross-feed their babies and surrogate mothers who produce two gallons a week for donation.
-AND-“Because of the sexualisation of breasts, we don’t see them as the clever, brilliant things they are. . . . I want to go as far as possible to be provocative and shake people up, without actually being so offensive that I upset GMTV viewers.”
--Kate Garraway
-AND-If she had another baby and couldn't breastfeed, she still couldn't see herself letting anyone else - but she would buy human milk from a milk bank.
"Before, I wouldn't have, because I'd have found it a bit icky. But I think now that's crackers, because why are we happy about giving it something from a cow's breast, which is another species? The women kept asking me, 'Why are you happy to give your baby milk from another species' - which is what formula is - 'but you're not prepared to give it from another woman?' And I said, 'I don't know. You're absolutely right. I've never thought about it. I'm bonkers.' "
--Kate Garraway
I can't wait to watch this program, which I believe airs Sept 9th. When my daughter was little, I took an Amish woman and her daughter, born a few days after my daughter, to an appointment at the dentist, at which time I had an appointment there as well just 20 minutes before her appointment. I wanted so badly to nurse her baby when she started to root around for some food, but I was worried that the mother'd be upset that I fed her at my breast. Come to find out later, She had thought about feeding my daughter when she fussed for food.
I'd love to be a wet nurse, I'd also love to donate milk, however like my blood now, and that I have lived overseas in a land that has had out breaks of bovine spongiform encephalophy, I cannot donate.
I'll have to report back on what I thought.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I Am So Looking Forwards To This Breastfeeding Program (Progamme)
Posted by Lizzardbits at 8:08 AM
Labels: Breastfeeding, Lactivisim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment